Post 80 continues to remain active in community service. Some of those activities include:
- Communication and/or visitation to veterans who are temporarily ill or indisposed.
- Upon request, provide wheelchairs and similar aid to those unable to provide for themselves.
- Maintain a scholarship fund for Post members’ relatives.
- Provide scholarship stipends to local middle and high schools.
- Sponsor entrants in the Oratorical contest: producing winners at different levels (area, county, state and national) or runners-up.
- Annual Gifts for Yanks day, the money going to help veterans in hospitals and nursing homes.
- Sponsor Boy Scout Troop, Cub Scout Packs and Venture Crew.
- Annual Poppy Day (under supervision of the Auxiliary).
- Annual Labor Day Picnic.
- Annual children’s Christmas party for members’ children & grandchildren.
- Sponsor a Sons of American Legion (SAL) organization, recognized officially by the National Legion.
- Provide an honor guard for all ceremonies where such action is customary.
- Also provide honors for funerals of Post members, when requested.
- Weekly Bingo at Post, the main source of revenue for activities noted herein.
- Monthly Game Night for members and their guests.
- Occasional parties and the like whenever a special event comes about. These are often in conjunction with village organizations.
- Provide booths at local functions displaying items relative to Legion and its role in the community.
- Sponsors many athletic teams in all sports.